Coronavirus notice 12 March 2020
Dear Church members ...
Temporary arrangements relating to COVID-
Following consultation among the ministry team, churchwardens, and following advice from the Church of England, we have decided to make the following changes to our usual practice for public services held in St Michael’s Church with effect from Thursday 12th March 2020.
1. Personal Hygiene – ministers and volunteers will follow current handwashing guidelines. We encourage members of the congregations to also ensure their hands are washed before attending services and to bring their own hand gel with them.
2. The Peace – handshaking during the peace will no longer be encouraged. Please exchange the peace verbally, perhaps with a wave or other appropriate gesture. Physical contact between people before and after the service should also be avoided where possible.
3. The Offering – we will no longer be passing the offering plate/basket around the congregation. If you bring your financial offering with you please place it in the basket/box provided by the door as you enter, or as you leave.
4. Refreshments – we will continue to provide post-
5. Communion – at a communion service we will now only offer the bread (in the form of an individual wafer) to congregational members. The wine will not be shared although it will be part of the communion liturgy as usual. This is known as ‘communion in one kind’.
Let us look not only to our own interests, but also to the interests of others (Phil 2:4)
Yours in Christ -